Wineries in Santa Clara County serve up some of the state's best wines with tours of facilities and grounds where wine is produced from scratch. Many of the best wines in the world today originate from Northern California. There are six wineries in Santa Clara County. All of them offer tours and often include samples for visitors to enjoy.
Many of the wines created in these wineries end up in local restaurants or for sale in area stores. Some California wines are in high demand in Australia, Italy and even France. The wines produced in the region are known to have a decidedly unique flavor appreciated by connoisseurs of fine wine around the world. Santa Clara, CA wine country produces many of these wines.
Tours can be arranged by simply calling the winery you wish to visit. Some Santa Clara organizations arrange tours of all six facilities over the course of a single day for those who sign up for such events.
• Byington Winery - Located at 21850 Bear Creek Road in Los Gatos, CA. Call (408) 354-1111 for tour information.
• Cinnabar Vineyards - Located at 23000 Congress Springs Road in Saratoga, CA. Call (408) 741-5858 for tour information.
• Cinnabar Winery - Located at 14612 Big Basin Way in Saratoga, CA. Call (408) 867-1012 for tour information.
• J. Lohr Winery - Located at 1000 Lenzen Avenue in San Jose, CA. Call (408) 288-5057 for tour information.
• The Mountain Winery - Located at 14831 Pierce Road in Saratoga, CA. The Mountain Winery is also known as a prime location for a variety of events including corporate meetings, weddings, reunions, dinner parties, holiday parties, business gatherings, concerts and weekend wine tasting events. Call (408) 741-2822 for tour information.
• Thomas Fogarty Winery Winery - Located at 19501 Skyline Boulevard in Woodside, CA. Call (650) 851-6777 for tour information.